A collective body of serious international Vampyre Groups, Houses, Covens and Havens working together towards the goal of the recognition of the Vampyre Community as a valid identity group.

HomeRegisterLog in
Welcome to the IVA forum... We are a collective body of serious Vampyre Groups, Houses, Covens and Havens working together towards the goal of the recognition of the Vampyre Community as a valid identity group internationally, and to facilitate acceptance and tolerance of diversity and our community within society as a whole within the scope of the broader Human Rights movement.
All information is intellectual property of the International Vampyre Alliance - No re-printing without written permission...
If you are a member of the IVA forum and would like to represent your group or House on the IVA but have not indicated this yet, please do so now. Thank you.

Share | 

A question for the IVA leadership.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cheri

PostSubject: A question for the IVA leadership.   Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:28 am

Admin said :
The building block of the IVA's representation of the Vampyre Community is the community groups, regardless of their type or size. To qualify, these groups need to meet certain expectations. First, they need to consist of and represent a number of real Vampyres. They can of course also have Otherkin, Donors or Swans as part of their membership, but the Vampyre element is essential. Role-playing or gaming groups will not be entertained.

And:

Membership of the forum here is open to anyone, in the interest of transparency while positions on the Executive Council are for community figures, while groups and Houses from every country are encouraged to join, represented by their leaders who will act as Ambassadors and Delegates within the IVA Congress. Leaders of various groups will be asked to represent the community on the Executive Council.

I am curious as to what role you feel those members of the community that are not Vampire,and/ or a member of a house, should or will have in the IVA?

I fully understand wanting to insure you represent the Vampire population, but there are many Vampires and NVPs ( non- vampire person) that have already contributed greatly to the community over many years, that because of various reasons are not part of a house. I just hope that you find a way to include some of those voices in the IVA. The way you have your governing body set up at this time seems to exclude anyone that has chosen to not be part of a house. If you wish to represent the community to the public, you will have to to gain the support of a large portion of the community, and these people make up a significant portion of the community.

With Respect,
Cheri
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A question for the IVA leadership.   Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:08 pm

Dear Cheri,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Members of the extended Vampyre community who are not Vampyre are an intimate part of the community, and it is only right that they have a say or a part to play in the affairs and future of the VC.

To that end, whether a particular member-group which is part of the VC consists of Vampyres only, Otherkin, or a mix of both - is entirely left up to that individual group. That said, the IVA also does not approve of exclusionary practices which exist solely to divide the VC, and which serve to weaken it - but it is not the place of the IVA as a representative body to dictate to member groups what their structure ought to be, or who they should admit as members, or which portion of the VC should be their focus, or the nature of their leaders or representatives on the IVA. The IVA will nevertheless attempt to reflect the diversity and desires of the VC as accurately as possible.

As a representative body it is only logical that its representative membership be made up of representatives of other groups, which are what make up the VC to begin with. Without groups, it is all just a collective of individuals. I'm sure you know that in today's world, anyone can claim to be a Vampyre, or anything else for that matter - but belonging to a VC group gives credibility to those who would aim to represent the VC, and thus to the IVA itself.

One could also say that in the end, the IVA would only be truly representative of its member groups - which is why we would like to see as many groups join as possible.

Our community is a very fluid entity at this stage, making it rather difficult to formulate a policy around this issue. If you have any suggestions on how to overcome this obstacle, please comment further.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://int-vampyre-alliance.forum-motion.com
Cheri

PostSubject: Re: A question for the IVA leadership.   Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:19 am

Thank you for you reply.

Admin wrote:

As a representative body it is only logical that its representative membership be made up of representatives of other groups, which are what make up the VC to begin with. Without groups, it is all just a collective of individuals. I'm sure you know that in today's world, anyone can claim to be a Vampyre, or anything else for that matter - but belonging to a VC group gives credibility to those who would aim to represent the VC, and thus to the IVA itself.

One could also say that in the end, the IVA would only be truly representative of its member groups - which is why we would like to see as many groups join as possible.

I think the question here is going to be, what do you consider a group?
The idea that only a House/Coven/ or Haven would be acceptable to this group is where I would have an issue.
Anyone could make what appears to be a House within the VC. Just being part of a House will not prove someone is really a Vampire, Donor, or Other-kin. I could very easily(if people did not already know me) State I was a vampire, form a house with a few friends, write a statement of purpose, and seem very legitimate. And by you current requirements I could be considered eligible to be part of your Congress. Yet the Vampire that has been part of the OVC for the last 5 or 6 years, has given tons of their time and energy to see that the sites they are part of stay clean and on track,has gained a reputation for being a fair and intelligent part of the community, would not be considered eligible to be part of it, simply because they chose to not be part of a house.

Admin wrote:
Our community is a very fluid entity at this stage, making it rather difficult to formulate a policy around this issue. If you have any suggestions on how to overcome this obstacle, please comment further.

This was why I asked the question to start with, to bring to focus something that I see as a potential issue that could make you achieving your goals harder.

The only suggestions I could offer would be to reconsider what makes a legitimate group. The way it is currently worded and set up makes is sound exclusionary as an organization. I understand your concerns about keeping this group free of lifestylers, and role players and general fakes. But with the VC being what it is today, you are likely to loose some of those members that would be great assets to your organization simply because they choose to not be part of a house.

The only way with your current wording to overcome it as an obstacle would be maybe to ask some of those form the houses etc you feel can prove they are legitimate,for names of the non house people they have seen in the VC, that while they may disagree with them personally for what ever reason, they still feel have become strong members of the VC. Then ask those people to become part of the congress.

You may have to add an new classification to your congress to include a number of those individuals, but if it gained you the larger support to accomplish you goals , without compromising your group,then it would be a good thing.

I support the idea of what you are trying to do and I look forward to watching the IVA as it grows and works at achieving it's stated goals. If I can be of any help then please let me know.
With respect,
Cheri
Back to top Go down
wraiths,..,

PostSubject: Re: A question for the IVA leadership.   Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:46 pm

cheri,
thanks for your interest in the IVA. As you can see from the member list , we have a very diverse group.
Many here has been part of the OVC for ten plus years.
I however am very grateful for your input with this.. I agree with the fact that most anyone can create a site and whatnot . The fact is this would be hard to convince so many members here that have heard it All before..
We shall however remain flexible we have too... Nothing rigid can ever remain intact for long, it always breaks..
Please, any questions feel free to ask

Yours,
Wraiths,..,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question for the IVA leadership.   

Back to top Go down

A question for the IVA leadership.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1